NSA Board Member – Clay Heald
Company: New England Slate
Job Title/Responsibilities: VP/Sales, Sourcing, Production
1. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
Native Vermonter for most of my life.
2. Can you tell us a bit about your Family?
Fiancé Wendy and 5 kids total: Courtney, Tom, Taylor, Nathan & Kaitlin.
3. Can you tell us about your Work history?
Grew up in the garage business with my father and joined New England Slate in 2000. Founded the Vintage Slate Company in 2003.
4. What types of products and services does your company provide and in which regions of the country?
We focus heavily on natural slate products & accessories for roofing and siding applications. Sales are strongest in the Northeast, but also ship across the US and internationally.
5. What are your interests/hobbies/what do you do for fun?
Enjoy working on projects around the house, boating & travelling with the family. Avid NFL and NASCAR fan. Rock drummer at heart.
6. What do you like about the NSA and what additional resources would you like to see the NSA provide for their members?
The NSA is comprised of a great group of people and does a fantastic job with installation & material standards for the industry. We need to broadcast this info to architects, consultants and contractors for promotional and educational purposes, and to combat slate misconceptions.
7. Tell us about a unique opportunity or experience, you’ve had in your life.
As a Welsh Slate distributor, we were invited for a sales trip to Australia in 2012. Melbourne Royal Botanical Gardens, Arthurs Seat, Ponyfish Island, Sydney Harbor, Manley Beach, Manly Wharf, Bondi Beach, Shelly Beach. Just too many places to list. Although away from the family for 2 weeks, it was the most amazing place I have visited. I frequently threaten that the next trip might be one way!